First of all, I want to send a big “thank you” to my friend, Jenny from Of Progress and Purpose for nominating me to participate in this tag. I’ve never participated in a tag before, so here goes nothin’… I celebrated my 40th birthday this year so I thought this tag was perfectly timed, though I was supposed to do it around [ah hem] January. 🤦🏻♀️ My apologies for taking so long to respond to your tag Jenny!
The Decade Tag is a great way to learn more about friends in this community of bloggers.
Here’s How the Tag Works:
- Please share a link to the creator of the tag: jesusluvsall.wordpress.com
Share some highlights for you over the past decade and, if you want, a few low points.
Tag whoever you wish to.
Ask them some questions.
Use any picture appropriate for such a tag.
My Highlights over the last decade
- My first son was born 2010.
My husband and I bought our first house.
My daughter was born 2012.
We bought our 2nd house.
I decided to become a stay-at-home mom.
My 2nd son was born 2014.
I officially started homeschooling my kiddos with South Sutter Charter School and met our awesome Educational Specialist.
We moved from California to North Carolina and bought our 3rd house.
We moved back to California and bought our 4th house.
I organized and facilitated a homeschool group with 15 families participating.
We survived the Paradise Camp Fire (11/2018).
We bought a 35ft Winnebago and did a lot of traveling: We visited Legoland, CA! We went sand boarding in ID! We fed bison in WY! We saw elephant seals in CA!
Some Low Points:
- I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy that required emergency surgery and lost the baby and my left Fallopian tube in 2011.
- In 2013, I had an ovarian torsion that required emergency surgery when I was 12-weeks pregnant. My beautiful son survived my surgery and is now 5-years-old. Thank you Dr. Ross Hanchett and surgical team! The surgery removed my right ovary and right Fallopian tube. I am no longer able to have children.
- We lost our home and community in the Paradise Camp Fire 2018.
- My parents lost their home (where I grew up) in the Paradise Camp Fire 2018.
Jenny’s Questions for Me:
1. What is the biggest lesson you learned over the past decade? When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. & Enjoy the journey.
2. Who is one of your heroes from the past decade and why? My fellow Camp Fire survivors. The catastrophic national disaster has been so difficult for all of us. The grit and love and generosity I’ve seen from these people is unbelievable!
3. What is one thing you hope to accomplish over the next decade? I hope that we are able to remodel and move into our 5th house. I hope my oldest son graduates from high school (yikes). I hope to learn how to make tamales from scratch.
There is absolutely no pressure to participate in this tag but I’m delighted to nominate:
L.R. from Returning to Paradise
R.R. from Rookie Roadsters
I’m nominating you because you survived natural disasters, I admire your faith, you are fun and interesting, and I enjoying following your blogs! 💕
My questions for my nominees and everyone who reads this post: (just leave your answers in the comments section below)
- What is the best advice someone gave you in the past decade?
- Where was your favorite vacation spot in the last decade?
- What was your favorite book in the past decade?
- What was your favorite movie of the past decade?