Since writing, The 10 Best RV Toys for Kids, we have found a few more awesome toys for kids to play with in an RV. They are small in size, and still big on creativity and fun!
- I found these miniature shopping baskets and play food at Walmart in the doll section. They are made for 18 inch dolls and they are perfect for playing store in the RV. Oh my goodness they are so cute!
- I found these “Driven” brand, miniature cars, planes, and tracks that come in a storage “garage” at Target. Each kiddo has about 4 sets. If they put them all together they can make a pretty decent track. They remind me of Micro Machines but they are not as good as those were.
- We got this stationary set at The Discovery, in Reno, NV. It’s a perfect way for the kids to keep in touch with our friends and family. The sets came in different themes and, of course, I got the “Camp Out” set.
- I know, I know, I already mentioned LEGOs in The 10 Best RV Toys for Kids. Our good friends, gave us this super-awesome, historical set that I just had to show you. How cool is this?
More books. We are almost finished with the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Next up on our read aloud list, is the Detective Zack series by Jerry D. Thomas.
The other day, my good friend, L.R. gave me a great tip for this series, Wright On Time, by Lisa M. Cottrell-Bentley. These books are about a homeschooling family who is RVing across the USA. Each book features a different state. How perfect is that!?!
- Paint with water books from the Dollar Tree. All the fun of painting but without the paint. Well, it’s not actually quite as fun as painting with real paint. It is fun though, and a much less messy than real paint. Plus, it can easily be turned into a writing project by having the kids make up a story about the picture and write it in the back after it dries.
🧸 What is your favorite road trip game/toy?