I published this last week, but I failed to set the date properly. I’m just re-posting it today so it’s in a better sequential order on the blog.
Well friends we have a big announcement. We sold our beautiful home in Northern California and we are moving to Idaho! We did things a little bit backwards, although we had intended to purchase a new home before selling our current home, things didn’t work out as we had hoped.
Long story short, we did not get a house to move into. Backup plan #1: we looked for a rental house. We found waitlists and minimum 1 year leases. Backup plan #2: we traded in our 24-ft Minnie Winnie and Toyota minivan for a Ford truck and 35-ft travel trailer. We’re going to live in the trailer while we continue looking for a house in Idaho. I’m hoping it will be easier to house hunt if we are living in Idaho. House hunting via FaceTime from California was just not cutting it. I’m hoping we are only living in the trailer for a month or two tops! 🤞
Here’s how I’m thinking of homeschooling our 3 kids in our temporary tiny house on wheels:
MVD friends, MVD.
For anyone unfamiliar with this homeschool acronym MVD stands for “minimum viable day”, or the least amount of work that can be done to count as having done school that day.
Our daily workbooks
- Doodle Devotional
- Math Lessons for a Living Education (levels 2, 4, and 6)
- Evan Moor Daily Spelling Skills (grades 2, 4 and 6)
And alternating between the following if we have the time and inclination:
- The Good and the Beautiful cursive
- A Reason For Handwriting Boarder Sheets for Memory Verses
- Lulu Jr. book kits
- Evan Moor How to Report on Books
- Silent Reading for my 2 older kids and Reading Eggs lessons online for my youngest
- Read aloud chapter books and LitWits Zoom classes (Caddie Woodlawn – September, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – October, The Borrowers – November)
- American Girl books: Molly 1944 (WWII)
Field Trips, park days, library visits, and other local resources: TBD
Wish us luck friends and keep us in your prayers!