I just read a great, short article on gift giving by tidying expert Kon Mari. Here it is if you want to check it out.
It’s a few weeks before Christmas so I don’t want to spoil any surprises but I do have a few gift ideas to share with you. These are some things we are giving as gifts to our friends and family this year.
- Edible gifts from local farmers (Mt. Ida Mandarin Ranch, Sohnrey Family Foods, Lavender Ranch)
- Edible gifts we made at home (Pomegranate Molasses & Gingerbread Pancake Mix)
- Classic Children’s Books
- Board Games
- FEED Project reusable shopping bags (purchase helps fight hunger)
Additionally, we have a few time-honored gifting traditions from my childhood that I’m hanging on to.
- Each year, the kiddos each get a dated Hallmark Keepsake Ornament. The idea is that when they move out and start their own families they will have a set of Christmas ornaments for their own Christmas trees. We are starting over this year. Each of our kids will receive this ornament in their stocking to start their new collections￼￼.
- Each year the kiddos get new Christmas pajamas that they open on Christmas Eve. All the other gifts will be opened on Christmas morning￼. K is getting matching pajamas for her favorite American Girl Wellie Wishers doll too. This was a splurge this year, but I got the set on sale and they just grow up so fast!
Happy gift giving everyone! Here’s to finding things that spark joy, make a difference, support local farmers, promote healthy lifestyle choices, and create meaningful memories!